Turn your Android into an IP Phone with Cisco Jabber for Android.
IMPORTANT: Cisco Jabber for Android requires an account with your company's Cisco Unified Communications Manager™ and will not work without it. If you are unsure whether your company provides access to this service, please contact your IT department.
IMPORTANT: Cisco Jabber for Android is officially supported on the Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 (international version) and the Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 (international version) running Android 2.2 and higher only, all other devices are not supported.
By using this application you agree with the terms of the embedded end user license agreement (EULA).
Cisco Jabber for Android turns your Android device into a full-featured Cisco Unified IP Phone, allowing you to place, receive, and manage calls using your workplace's telephony infrastructure and Wi-Fi network. You will benefit from the cost savings from not using your wireless minutes, the ability to use your work phone number when placing calls from your Android smartphone or tablet, and the stronger in-building network coverage from a wireless LAN.
- Place & receive calls over your wireless LAN at work
- Access enterprise calling features such as conference, transfer, hold and resume
- Easily add a call, swap between active calls and conference
- Handoff calls to the mobile voice network as you leave Wi-Fi coverage
- Access your enterprise voicemail box and listen to your office voice messages (optional feature)
- Access your co-workers in your corporate directory and view their reporting structure (optional feature)
Administrators: Licensing is required for Cisco Jabber for Android. Please refer to the Cisco Jabber for Android data sheet at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps11596/data_sheet_c78-649887.html for details.
Deployment information for System Administrators can be found at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11678/tsd_products_support_install_and_upgrade.html and end user frequently asked questions can be found at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11678/tsd_products_support_maintain_and_operate.html
Cisco, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Jabber for Android are trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. Copyright © 2011 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.